PEERE International Conference on Peer Review 2020
2 December 2019: Abstract & paper submission deadline (extended)
10 January 2020: Notification to authors
11-13 March 2020: Conference in Valencia
Following the success of the 1st PEERE International Conference on Peer Review, the PEERE COST Action follow-up community organises the second edition of the PEERE International Conference on Peer Review in Valencia on 11-13 March 2020.
The conference aims to provide a forum for scholars, practitioners and science stakeholders to share research, models, tools and experience on peer review in different fields, e.g., medicine, computer science, social sciences and humanities. It aims to stimulate the use of evidence-based research in the design and implementation of peer review in a variety of fields and encourage more systematic research.
The conference welcomes any contribution (e.g., original research, position papers, literature reviews) that uses any method (e.g., quantitative, experimental or qualitative) to investigate peer review in a variety of scientific domains (e.g., scholarly journals, funding agencies, research assessment). Interdisciplinary research is especially welcome.
Main topics of interest
The topics of interest to the conference include, but are not limited to:
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of peer review in scholarly journals, funding agencies and research assessment
- Estimating editorial and reviewer bias
- The impact of different peer review models (single vs. double blind, confidential vs. open etc.) on reviewer attitudes and editorial decisions
- Incentives, motivation and recognition in peer review
- Social network analysis of peer review and editorial policy
- Models and theories of peer review: principles, functions and management
- Computer simulation studies of peer review dynamics and outcomes
- Applications of bibliometrics, altmetrics and scientometrics to peer review
- Perspectives from policy makers, grant funding agencies, libraries and publishers
The conference chairs have established contacts with some prestigious scholarly journals for publication of a special issue including the best papers presented to the conference. More soon.
For any information, please, contact us here.
The conference is supported by:
and is sponsored by: